Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Review: AVON Smooth Minerals Lipstick




I have long been a fan of AVON, as they are quite inexpensive with (usually) pretty good cosmetics. Any chance I have to save some money while looking fabulous is a plus in my books. However, it's disappointing to spend any amount of money and get a bad product in return. So, its always good to be informed on what you're buying before you take out your credit card. On that note, here is a review of the AVON Smooth Minerals Lipstick in the shade Apricot Glow. It retails for about $4.99.


I really do love this lipstick, it is a gorgeous peachy pink colour that is NOT coral. It's a bright colour that I think will work great in all seasons, and on most skin tones. It has a lot of pigmentation, so the colour payoff is great. Your first swipe will be very sheer, but the colour builds up quite quickly. It has lots of shimmer, but is not overpowering. As a result, I found that I didn't need to wear it with a gloss, but it can be if such is your preference. It isn't the longest wearing lipstick, but it isn't too bad. If you're going out to dinner, you will probably have to touch it up afterwards. On the positive, I found it incredibly moisturizing. It did not dry out my lips at all, which is such a relief in this harsh winter. Lastly, I would advise to be careful when looking at the catalogue, because the colours don't always match what you get in real life. However, AVON also offers it in 9 other colours, in case Apricot Glow isn't your thing. Keep reading for some pictures of the lipstick in action!

Final verdict: I definitely consider this to be a new STAPLE of mine, especially with the price, but its also such a pretty colour! A product you should definitely pick up.


Here are some pictures


Here is the lipstick itself. Packaging isn't anything special, but that really doesn't make a difference to me, personally. I will say, however, that the lid stays on really well. You should note the difference in colour from the AVON stock photo I have at the beginning of the post (which is what appears in the catalogue and online). It definitely has more of a peachy tone to it that does not appear in AVON's imagery of the lipstick.




Here is just a swatch on my hand.



And here it is on. This may look a little coral in the picture, but I really couldn't get the colour settings right on my camera. But, this is pretty close and I did layer it on to get the most color on there. If you want less colour, just apply less lipstick! (also, please excuse my chapped lips- I do live in Canada, and its January haha)


**You can get AVON cosmetics througn an AVON representative, if you know one, OR you can go online to avon.ca (Canada) avon.com (US) or avon.uk.com (UK)

Hope that was helpful!

Deema





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers