Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Review: Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick

There's a big snowstorm raging outside right now, so why not another lipstick review! Today is the Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in the colour 9, pearly fuscia. It retails for $19 (Canadian).

Here's how MUFE describes the product:

ROUGE ARTIST INTENSE is a lipstick saturated with pigments for an intense result. Available in 50 different shades and 3 different finishes, it will suit your everyday mood. Natural or sexy, ROUGE ARTIST INTENSE will last all day and leave your lips soft and moisturized.

I will note, though, that the colour I chose is a very bright, bold pink. Not an everyday lipstick, unless that is your thing. For methough, its more for nights out, when I'm feeling like wearing some statement lipstick. Like the blurb above says, however, it is available in 50 shades so you can definetly pick it up in a more wearable colour. I will say then, that is a FABULOUS lipstick. I am in love with the colour, because it gives me the pop I need, without having to wear a red lip. I think this shade of pink is a lot more modern than a red- which reminds me more of pin-up than anything else. I have dark brown hair, so it really set off the colour nicely.

Enough about the colour, the lipstick itself is pretty great. The colour pay off is tremendous. In just one swipe you get loads of colour, and is easily buildable. Also, the longevity is well above average. I wore this to a wedding, and the colour lasted all night and did not really need that much touching up after dinner. I did line my lips though, so that may have had something to do with it, but I'm pretty sure that it would last regardless. Its incredibly moisturizing, and because of its pearly finish it has a nice shimmer to it, so I was able to wear it without lip gloss. I haven't tried the other finishes (matte and satin), so I can't speak to those. The only downside to this product is the price, at $19, its more expensive than a MAC lipstick. However, thats the only downside, in my opinion. Keep reading for pictures!

Final verdict: Considering the price, and the fact that I probably won't wear this colour very often. I would call this a SPLURGE. So, if you have the money to spend on a fun colour, than I would recommend this lipstick. Saying that, if you're on a budget, you can most likely find something comparable in a lower price range.

Pictures:


Packaging is pretty standard, but the lid closes quite tightly- won't come off in your purse!


Swatch- fantastic colour payoff!


Here it is on. It is pretty bold (for me, anyways), so I paired it with very light makeup on the eyes- just some eyeliner, and fake eyelashes. I also didn't pack on the makeup on my face, I tried to make it look as natural, and dewy as possible. I used cream blush, and just enough bronzer to add some colour (I didn't contour that much). Don't cake on that powder!


Hope that helps! Have a great day :)

1 comment:

Followers