Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Top 5 MAC Eyeshadows

MAC eyeshadows are incredibly popular, and you hear about them just about everywhere these days- especially in makeup tutorials on youtube. If you're just starting to get into the world of makeup, it can be a little overwhelming. For the majority of people, its just not practical (or necessary) to buy every colour out there. So, if you're like me, you like to consult lots of 'Top (insert number here) Lists" It helps to narrow things down, since you will probably see at least a couple that recur from list to list. Plus, you can see which ones have good colour payoff, etc.

Anyways, on to the list of my favourite MAC eyeshadows* (so far, and in no particular order):


1. Shadow Lady (Matte): I like this colour because its great to use in a smoky eye instead of black. It's dark, but not as dark as black, so it instantly softens any smoky eye look I create. Because it's matte, it does not compete with any shimmery shades on the eye. Very versatile, and if you wet your brush- its a great liner colour as well!

2. Mythology (Lustre): This is definitely not a shadow I use everyday- its one I'll bring out if I'm feeling like something fun on the eyes. It's a high shimmer, pinky with a copper undertones. This is the colour on the list that I use the least. Not because I don't like it, but because its not a colour I can wear everyday to work or school. I have brown eyes, but I think this would look amazing on blue eyes.

3. Satin Taupe (Frost): This is another super shimmery colour, but in a shade that's much easier to wear any day. I particularly like this shadow because its very versatile, you can wear it solo during the day or really dress it up for an evening look. Tremendous colour pay off. Blends beautifully into most colours. I really love putting this colour under the eyes- looks great. (Side note, it looks almost bronzy in the picture, but there is absolutely none of that in the actual shade)
4. Retrospeck (Lustre): The newest addition to my makeup collection, but one I'm already using every day. I cannot say enough good things about this shade. Its like a soft yellowy gold colour, with shimmer- but it is not very shiny or sparkly. Very wearable. I'm currently loving just putting this all over the lid, with some gel liner and mascara. Simple, yet gorgeous.
5. Club (Satin): Last, but certainly not least. One of the coolest colours MAC has to offer, in my opinion. The colour is very hard to describe- its like a greyish green, with reddish brown undertones that become apparent when you blend the colour out. I've seen this on blue, green, hazel, and brown eyes- all with gorgeous results. I can't imagine this not looking good on anyone.

** I've excluded pigments,reflects powders, cream shadows, and shades that come exclusive to certain collections (ex. Jeanius, Wonder Woman, Champale, Tartan Tale, etc). These are the most common eye shadows used, and some of the shades in collections are limited edition, which isn't much use to anyone if they're not sold anymore.


Best,
Deema


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers