Search This Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2011

MAC Face and Body Foundation

MAC Face and Body Foundation. This is one product that I've been thinking about for ages. I am constantly going back and forth in my head, trying to decide if I should get it. Don't get me wrong, I do this with a lot of my makeup purchases..but I've literally been contemplating this one for months. Finally, the other day, I went into my MAC store and got a tester in the shade N2 (so depressing- I hate winter!). Clara and I are going away to Europe for five weeks in May, so I really wanted a nice light foundation for the trip. During the winter I had been using my MUFE HD Foundation, but it is a lot of coverage. Normally thats great for me, because I've had issues with my skin, but I wanted less coverage for the summer months. I also didn't want a matte look. Having said that, my biggest hesitation was that Face and Body would be too sheer.

I know I'm not alone in this, I don't have perfect skin and I often gravitate towards heavier coverage foundations to cover up my imperfections(acne scars, occasional pimples, etc). And you know what? MUFE HD was amazing for that. I cannot stress how great that foundation is if you need a long lasting, full coverage foundation that doesn't look cakey.

Anyways, I tried Face and Body. And surprise, surprise, it is very sheer (even with a moisturizer and primer underneath). BUT, that isn't necessarily a bad thing, because:
1) It didn't wipe out all colour from my face, so I didn't have to load up on bronzer and blush just to leave the house.
2) My skin looked so dewey, and since I don't have oily skin, this was a huge bonus.
3) It looked very natural- to the point that I'd forget I had makeup on during the day.

Now, it being so sheer means I had to spend a little more time with my concealer. This could be good or bad, depending on how much work you want to put in your daily makeup, or how much you need to be covering up. In my opinion, having a light foundation, with more concealer over certain areas, gives off a much nicer finish rather than having a thick layer of foundation all over the face. But of course, I'm only going off my own experience.

At 120 mL for $32.50, the price is pretty good as well. I think its pretty safe to say, I've found my summer foundation.

Best,
Deema




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers