Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Face of the Week: Marcelle BB cream, MAC, benefit, Dior and more

Hey everyone, here's a FOTW with a different face. This has been my go to summer look, with slight variations on the eye. The focus is usually on getting my skin looking tanned and glowy without it being overkill, so I keep my eyeshadow pretty light and natural. My skin tone is light-medium, with some yellow/olive undertones.  I have light skin in the winter, but in the summer I can get pretty tanned. Right now I'm kind of in between the two shades. My skin is normal, if only a touch dehydrated (moreso in the winter months), and my eyelids get quite oily in the heat.

Okay, here are the products I used:


Swatched: top- MAC blushcreme in Ladyblush. Left to right- bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow in The Inspiration (Muse, Passion), Benefit Girl Meets Pearl, Dior Addict Extreme in Plaza 

face: 
Marcelle BB Cream in light to medium 
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NC20
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Luminous Liquid Bronzer (swatch and initial review here
MAC Blushcreme in Ladyblush 
Benefit Girl Meets Pearl 

lips: 
Dior Addict Extreme in Plaza (476) 



eyes: 
Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow in The Inspiration (Muse all over, Passion along the lashline and blended out)
Prestige My Blackest Lashes Mascara

Here's how my makeup held up after 6 hours: 



 After 12 hours, the blush had mostly faded but the BB cream and concealer had mostly held up (except for my under eye concealer which had basically disappeared!). There was some light creasing in the eyeshadow and a little bit of smudging from the mascara on my lower lashes. Lipstick was gone.

Best,
Deema xx

3 comments:

Followers