Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Herbal Essences totally twisted curl scrunching gel REVIEWED

How, how, how did I finish 170g (6 OZ) of this gel product?  Gel, really?  What is this, 1998?  COME ON.
I've had this product for years (literally. Maybe 3 or 4).  So over time, and various random usages it has indeed been finished.  This product claims: "I'll keep frizz from making a big fuzz and lock in your waves and spirals with my weightless formula that has a fusion of wild cherry twist and jewel orchid extracts. I make all those humid days feel like a spring breeze." (herbalessences.com)

totally twisted scrunching gel are you da one? Nope.


Does it live up to its claims?  Well...........no.  But I guess it does gel-y things.  But then again, ew, gel-y things.  I have fine, wavy hair and whenever I use this product I think to myself that I'd like piecey, separated, beachy waves.  I've tried it both on damp hair and on dry.  What this product ends up doing is, in fact, very little.  It doesn't really hold my waves in discrete "wavelets" as I'd like it to.  It just sort of acts invisibly on the mid sections of my hair and then makes the ends pouf and frizz.  To the touch it makes the hair feel sticky and crispy.  The smell is pleasant. It contains parabens....................... This product is not for me and I will never repurchase.

I notice that Herbal Essences has another line of products called "Tousle Me Softly" which may be more up my street.  Perhaps my hair wasn't the right texture for this product.  That being said it said it would lock in "waves AND spirals" (emphasis mine)  Furthermore, hair is hair and legit who really wants sticky, crispy, poufy hair?  If you have fine hair I'd avoid this one.  Trust me on this.  Somehow I finished this wholeeeeeeeeee product.  It sucked.  The end.

cheers everyone
clara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers