Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Review: Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Light

Here's a product I just finished...two years after I bought it. I actually hit pan on this bronzer about a year in but it took another year to finish it all up. I have very fond memories of this bronzer. I bought it in the shade 021 (Sun Light) and its the perfect shade for my lighter skin in the winter.

Here's the breakdown:

1. It's not the most pigmented, but that may be a bonus if you're uneasy about using bronzer.

2. It's cheap. I think I got this for under $10.

3. It lasts forever (I've had it for 2 years). I really can say with full honesty that I got my money's worth.

4. It also has pretty good lasting power on the face. I've never had any problems with fading/patchiness.

5. It has just the slightest shimmer that disappears almost completely when applied to the face. This may be a pro/con depending on your bronzer preferences.

6. The colour leans towards orange-brown, so it would not be useful for contouring.

Here's a swatch. I had to do this a couple times to get this shade, because its not a super pigmented bronzer. So really, this swatch merely shows the absolute darkest this shade can be (021, Sun Light).



As you can tell, if you have medium to dark skin (I'm pretty pale in the winter months) this shade will be too light. However, there are darker shades available that may work if you have darker skin or if you want a darker bronzer. 

All in all, this is a good bronzer for the price point. I would recommend it for anyone who is just starting to use bronzer and wants to ease their way in. I won't be repurchasing only because I found a Guerlain bronzer on sale for $15 (win!) 

Best, 

Deema xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers