Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Swatched: Essie Play Date, Turquoise and Caicos, and Mod Square

Spring/Summer= bright nail colours. These are three of my current faves from Essie: 

 (Left to Right) Play Date, Turquoise and Caicos, Mod Square 


Play Date is a really pretty purple shade that has no shimmer. It is opaque in two coats, and paired with my top coat (Seche Vite) I can usually get about a week with minor tip wear. 

Turquoise and Caicos is a gorgeous turquoise shade that also has no shimmer. This is probably my favourite shade of the three but it is the trickiest to work with. It needs about three coats to be opaque. In fact, the first coat is so light and streaky that you will be very disheartened (I know I was) but just keep going, its worth it, I promise. 

Mod Square is a bight pink (also no shimmer). This has the best colour pay off out of the three. You may be able to get away with just one coat for this shade but I always go for two just to be safe. 

Best, 

Deema xx

1 comment:

Followers