Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

What's in my makeup bag?

Hey everyone.  Here is a quick post about what I lug around in my purse, day-to-day.  I'm a low maintenance makeup person inasmuch as I don't "touch up" anything but my lip throughout the day.  Body-wise I like to have a really good lip balm and hand cream with me at all times.  Along with some deodorant because that's just good sense!

Here is an image of what I keep along with me:
my little makeup bag


As you can see, I have four lip products with me.  I have a Revlon lip butter in 075 lollipop, a mac lipstick in angel, a Revlon colorburst lipstick in 001 lilac, and a Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 41 canotier. Here they are swatched:
swatched: revlon lip butter lollipop, mac angel, revlon colorburst lilac, chanel rouge coco canotier


Texture-wise my favourite is the Revlon lip butter.  The Revlon colorburst is a close second though.  I love the way the Chanel feels on the lips, but it doesn't have great (or even good) lasting power.  The mac is fine at first, but I hate the way it settles on the lips.  Just trying to use it up now! 

My lip balm is (and always will be) Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream.  This stuff actually works to heal chapped lips.  I also throw it on my cuticles if I notice they are getting rough or cracked.  I also will smooth it into my nails if they start peeling - I honestly don't know if that's effective, however.  I just do it!

My hand cream is a urea-based product (it is 10% urea) called Ureaka!  It is paraben and fragrance free.  Urea acts to draw water to the skin.  There are also emollient materials going on as well.  This cream doesn't feel thick or buttery.  But it leaves my hands silky-smooth.  Review to follow (once it's finished!)

I just purchased Tom's natural, aluminum-free deodorant - it smells like apricots!  Not sure if it'll actually be an efficacious product.  I'll be sure to let you know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers