Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Horrible makeup removing towelettes? Finally done.

Hi everyone,

I've just finished up some very bad makeup removing cloths.  These ones came from Garnier and are called Refreshing Remover Cleansing Towelettes.  Here is a pic of them:
Garnier Skin care Garnier Cleansers Refreshing Remover Cleansing Towelettes
http://www.garnier.ca/_en/_ca/skincare/sc-nutritioniste-cleansers/cleansing-towelettes.htm
Why didn't I like these?
-They were super dry - lacking in physical product.  It's pretty hard to get off your makeup with so little product on each towelette.
-They didn't effectively remove eye makeup.  Whether due to a lack of moisture on the towelette, or simply due to a poor formula - these did not get eye makeup off.  How did I know?  I remove makeup first, then cleanse.  And let me tell you - when I splashed my face with water to prep it for cleansing, mascara went running everywhere.  
-They contain parabens
-Using cleansing clothes of any sort is economically foolish and environmentally wasteful.  Never again!

It also cost $7.99 for a measly pack of 25 at Shoppers Drug Mart.  Extortionate at 31 cents per use.  I will never buy these again.  I suggest you give these ones a skip, too.  

cheers everyone, 
clara xx

ps: I loathe the notion of makeup removing towelettes.  They're a giant money grab and I try to steer people away from them when I can.  If you buy a big bottle of Bioderma, that bad boy will last you so much longer.  The price per use is surely comparable, and you get the skin benefits of BIODERMA rather than garnier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers