Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

Review: The Body Shop Shea Body Scrub

Hey everyone, here's another finished product review. This body scrub comes from the Body Shop, and its 200mL, and it was $18 (I think I got it with some sort of promo, which they have on quite frequently). The tub lasted me about a month and a half. I'm not sure if I'm using it wrong (aka too much product with each use), but I thought it should have lasted longer.  Here's a pic:
Body Shop Shea Body Scrub via bodyshop.com 

It says that it's made with Shea butter from Ghana, sugar from Paraguay, and organically soya oil from Brazil. So that's all good. Except for the fact that this also has parabens in it. I'm trying to steer away from them where I can help it, so that's a big no-no for me. If you don't really care about parabens however, this might be a good product for you.

The smell is pretty basic- it smells like shea butter (how surprising). I didn't necessarily love it, but I also didn't hate it or anything. It does indeed leave your skin feeling very nice and soft afterwards. In terms of an exfoliant, it is great at removing all of the dead skin. I never felt like it dried out my skin. I used it about once a week.

If you're reading all of this and you feel like you want to go out and buy this, I highly recommend trying (or at least smelling) the Brazil Nut Body Scrub. It smells absolutely divine. It almost made me break on the paraben ban- it's THAT good.

Despite all of the goodness, I won't be repurchasing this body scrub (damn you parabens!)

Best,
Deema xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers