Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2012

Swatched: MAC Sail La Vie Lipstick

Hey everyone, sorry this is a little late to the party but I picked up MAC's Sail La Vie from their recent Hey, Sailor! Collection a couple weeks ago so I thought I'd swatch it and show a couple pics of how it looks on me. This shade is sold out online, so hopefully you can still get it at MAC counters/stores because so far I love this lipstick! Here are some first impressions:

The colour is a bright orange with some red undertones, and when I say bright...I mean bright. MAC calls it a 'mid-tone' orange, but I don't know what they're smoking- it's bright. The shade is definitely on the warmer side- I love wearing it with a tan. There is no shimmer at all. It's a Satin finish, and it surprisingly wears for a long time. I wore this for about 8 hours, and I only touched up once because I wanted it to top up the brightness. It fades really nicely, especially if you really work it into your lips and blot blot blot! I will say this however: this is not the most moisturizing lipstick in the world. I find it a little drying, especially when I'm wearing it for a long time. Make sure to wear a lip balm underneath!

Some pics:
love love the packaging in this collection

Swatch: MAC Sail La Vie Lipstick

moi wearing my most sailor-esque shirt and Sail La Vie
maybe just me, but I ALWAYS have the urge to pull this face when wearing bright lips. super attractive, I know.



Happy shopping!
Deema xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers