Search This Blog

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Reviewed: Prestige My Blackest Lashes Mascara

Hey everyone! This is another finished product review for Prestige My Blackest Lashes Mascara. I bought this about three months ago, for under $10. It's pretty raved about in the blogging world, so I thought I'd give it a go. It's pretty hard to tell when you've 'finished' a mascara, but I kind of go by when it stops performing the way it did the first time you used it.

Prestige, My Blackest Lashes



Unfortunately, it just didn't cut it for me. The formula is..hard to explain. It's feels heavy and maybe..wet? It most definitely gives you really dark, black lashes so the name is apt. But it FEELS like you're wearing mascara..which I personally do not like. I found that it could easily look clumpy  at the root of my lashes. Lengthwise, it didn't do anything spectacular for me but then again I don't really go for lengthening mascaras so that it didn't really matter. What I really disliked about it however, was the fact that is smudged like crazy. By the end of the day, or even just a few hours I'd have mascara smudged all underneath by eyes..even after I powdered there. Not cool. I would have to constantly check throughout the day to make sure I didn't look like a racoon. It would also kind of flake at times. Also not cool. 

Here it is after two coats. It looks 'fine' but I mostly hated how it felt on my lashes, and the smudginess that always followed application. 



I will not be repurchasing this mascara. On to the next one!

Best, 
Deema xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers