Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2012

How I cover up my acne scars..or, how Real Techniques changed my perspective

Like many people, I suffer from acne scars. Acne scars are the WORST. They are annoying. They are dark. They are hard to cover up. It was a constant struggle for me to find a foundation that would cover them up but would still be a light coverage for the rest of my face. As you would guess, this is basically impossible. And every concealer seemed to just do nothing, and if I piled it on, it would just look cakey and gross. Constant dilemma for me.

Until one day I went to the US, found an Ulta, and bought the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. This brush has literally changed the way I do my makeup.

I know it has been talked to hell on youtube and blogs, but guys! It’s for a good reason. This brush is AWESOME. It’s so densely packed, its like a little kabuki brush which lets you buff in your concealer perfectly and naturally. I use it with my MAC Studio Finish conealer (in NC20) for my acne scars. And it works.  Let me show you!

Products used: 


Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer, bare Minerals i.d multi-tasking powder, MAC Studio Finish in NC20, Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush and Setting Brush (which I really need to clean..damn)


 Before: 


booo, acne scars! boooooooooooooooo! 















 After: 

this is with zero other makeup, btw. just the products mentioned in this post.


























Here’s how I use it:
  1.         Apply moisturizer all over and primer (I'm using the Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer, a deluxe      sample I got a while ago) 


2.       First I dab/push the concealer on to the scars using the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush without blending at all until I get them as covered as possible.








4.       Even if it not yet covered I go on to do the same for any other acne scars I have.
5.       Then I go back and repeat the process as many times as possible until I reach desired coverage.

6.       Set with a powder ( I use my bare minerals Multi Tasking Powder in Summer Bisque) using my Real Techniques Setting Brush. 


















7.       Continue rest of makeup as normal.





Note how I made no mention of foundation. I’ve stopped using it. Foundation sucks in the summer anyways, so it’s a blessing. I never thought that I would be able to leave the house without foundation, but with my acne scars covered up I just don’t need it! For work and days out doing regular stuff, I don’t want a full face of makeup. I don’t want my skin to look airbrushed..its kind of odd to be shopping and look in a mirror and just see a completely made up face staring back at you. Going out, yes for sure. But during the day…the less, the better! That’s just me, though. I’d rather see the little imperfections that make me look normal and human.

But, if you love more coverage this would obviously work over foundation. But..give it a try without foundation first! It’s very freeing to be out and not wear any. My skin has also been looking and feeling so much better. I’ve had zero breakouts since I’ve been doing this. That’s a win-win situation right there, folks.

Happy concealing :) 

Deema xx

3 comments:

  1. Those brushes really are a God send, right?! I have the core collection set and a blusher brush from real techniques, and I am so in love with them, they are just superb! :) Great review xo

    http://domandellie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really a wonderful makeup! Good job!
    Kiss dear

    INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY!
    http://tati-loves-pearls.blogspot.it/2012/07/mias-love-boat-bracelet-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Followers