Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Reviewed: Amir Argan Oil Shampoo (& Conditioner)

Hey erryone. Here’s another finished product review! Today it’s Amir Argan Oil Shampoo. I also used the conditioner from the same line, so I’ll include a mini review of that at the end. I bought this shampoo back in  April I think. It’s been a while. It cost me $14.99 from Winners. You can get the shampoo and conditioner on amazon for about $25. I went through about 2.5-3 bottles of conditioner in the time it took me to use up this 355mL bottle of shampoo, which just goes to show you how often I wash my hair (every 3 days), and how little product I need to use each time.



My hair is long, relatively thick, and wavy. Meaning, the only place I get oil in my hair is at the roots. The ends never, ever get oily. So when I shampoo, I only put a little bit of product at the crown, and whatever washes down to the tips is enough.

I though this shampoo was decent. It smells nice, but its not anything spectacular. And the scent didn’t last very long in my hair after the first day. It lathered well, considering it has no sulphates. Oh- and no parabens or silicones, so yay for that. Cleans my hair well enough, but obviously I wash my hair every 3 days so dry shampoo is definitely getting used up in there. I don’t know, my feelings towards this shampoo are just BLAH. Nothing spectacular. I actually liked it a lot at the beginning, but now I just don’t think its cutting it for me. And I think its drying out my hair a bit, which is a big no-no.

The conditioner I liked even less. It was not moisturizing at all for my dry hair. Smelled nicer than the shampoo, but not by much. Didn’t last nearly as long- but that says more about how much conditioner I use per hair washing.

If you have thin hair that doesn’t need much hydration, this may be one to check out. That being said, its expensive for a shampoo that doesn’t actually improve the texture of my hair or even smell amazing. I will not be repurchasing either the shampoo or conditioner again.

Why are good hair products SO hard to find?? WHY?

Deema xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers