Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2013

Review: Almay Get up and Grow Mascara

Hello hello, here's another finished product review.

Now, one of my favourite things to buy is drug store mascara. It's affordable (compared to a lot of other beauty items), drug store is just as good as high end mascara a lot of the time, and I go through it pretty quickly so I get to experiment with lots of different brands/products. This time I used the Almay one coat get up & grow mascara in blackest black. I read quite a few good reviews on this, one of which likened it to the Georgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara. So I picked it up a few months ago. 

Here's what it looks like: 

Now, the wand in that picture is perfectly straight. Mine, however, somehow bent. This sounds bad, but it actually made application much easier. The wand isn't huge, which I like because it tends to get messy otherwise (I don't know why, but I'm the worst at applying mascara- it just always gets on my eyelid). I wasn't a huge fan of the formula when I first bought it, I thought it was okay but nothing special. But once it started to dry a bit (maybe a few weeks of use in), I really started to love it. It gives a really nice, natural, feathered look to the lashes. It is not clumpy at all (I hate clumpy lashes more than anything).My lashes never felt heavy or hard. It didn't smudge. This gave me decent volume, but it really lengthens your lashes without looking fake.  

Basically this is a great every day mascara. You can definitely build it up, but usually on nights out I layered another mascara on top (a sample of hourglass' film noir mascara that I got from Sephora). 

This is a mascara I would definitely repurchase as a good every day mascara for a more natural look. When I went to Pharma Plus to repurchase it however, something else caught my eye (nyx doll eyes) and so I decided to give that a go instead. This is still a fantastic mascara that I would most definitely recommend. 

Deema xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers