Search This Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Serum Foundation - a delight!

Hello all, 

here with a rather exciting product for you, today! I've finished up my Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Serum Foundation. I haven't finished a foundation in agessss (looking at you Makeup Forever HD foundation). This one was delightful and I have already repurchased. It is $27 at Shoppers Drug Mart. My shade is 52, and for reference I am an NW20 in MAC shades. Here is an image:


This was a great product for my combination skin. I don't have serious discolouration going on, but I do have some: a bit of redness around my nose, chin and forehead from breakouts over the years, and rosy cheeks. Healthy Mix Gel Serum provided light, natural coverage for these areas which I would top up with a concealer (if I felt like it, let's be serious). It evened out my complexion nicely and provided an excellent base for blush and bronzer. In term of lasting power, this was not its "forte". I set it regularly with a Rimmel Stay Matte powder (stay tuned for a review of that excellent product - I will finish it soon) and the combo would last me for 6-8 hours. That said, and perhaps because of that, this product feels lovely on the skin. It was not sticky or drying or heavy.  It has a pleasant scent and never broke me out, even in the hot, humid days of summer. 

Deema's review of the product is here.

Cheers all!

Clara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers