Search This Blog

Friday, October 11, 2013

Reflecting on goals, "empties" and being a smart beauty consumer

Hi all, 

today, I was thinking about how much this blog helps me to make better beauty-related choices. Since I know that I'm committed to finishing every product I buy, I put more effort into choosing a good product in the first place. I don't let the sales be my guide - which may, on the surface seem like a more costly route to take. However, I don't then realize I've bought a dud and then go out and buy something else when I've only used half of the original product. I tend to be excited to use the things I've purchased because I've heard good things about them online. 
Even taking this approach I'll often finish something and think "that was fine, but I'm still curious to see if there's something better". Many shampoos, body washes, conditioners and body butters leave me feeling like this. Other things that I try I love and become committed to. Today I finished another tube of La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Legere moisturizer for the face. I am now on to my third tube and the love remains! Here's a pic:

Hydraphase Intense Light
My goal when I started this blog with Deema was to be a conscious and discerning beauty consumer. I aim to be deliberate with my beauty purchases. Lipsticks and eye shadows are, for most people, frivolous items. And they are for me too, I suppose. That said, there's no denying that at this point I have spent a lot of time thinking about beauty products, researching them, testing them out on myself (and my friends!) and while they are still light-hearted items, I'm far from apathetic about the whole shebang. There's something endlessly fascinating about beauty products, no? I still get a rush when I buy a product I'm excited to try. So, I guess the goal - really - is to harness that excitement and make it as deliberate and reflective as I can while balancing it with the natural levity inherent in beauty products. They're fun! They're exciting! 

Oh, and I'm living on a student budget - so making expensive beauty purchases count is pretty awesome, too

Cheers, 

Clara   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers