Search This Blog

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Review: Philosophy field of flowers wildflower blossom shower gel

Hey everyone! I haven't posted in ages, so thank goodness Clara has taken the helm the past few months. I'm back with a great product that I've just recently finished. It's the philosophy field of flowers wildflower blossom shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath. Surprisingly, I've used this in all three of its uses but I mostly used it as a shower gel. 

It is 480mL and it will run you about $30. I got mine from the Bay. Pricey! But 480mL is a lot of product. I really only used a little bit each time, and it lasted me about 7.5 months. That seems like pretty good value to me. 

Here's a pic: 



Let's talk about the product. It has a wonderful scent. You know I love me some floral, and this does not disappoint. It's name fits perfectly. I don't think this is a particularly overpowering scent, and I certainly never got sick of it though after almost 8 months I was definitely ready for a change. It lathers nicely. It doesn't have the best ingredients. The second ingredient on the list is sodium laureth sulfate, but I knew that going in. I know that philosophy isn't an all natural, all pure ingredients brand, despite what it advertises itself to be. But I wanted to try out a product from them. While I don't love the ingredient list, the product was fine but I did find it a tad on the drying side. 

The one thing I didn't love about the product (apart from the SLS) is that the smell doesn't linger on the skin- at all. My skin also never felt particularly moisturizing after my shower. Like I mentioned above, I found that if I didn't moisturize after I showered my skin would be super dry- even in the summer. Bummer, but I just went with it. But for this reason mainly, I won't be repurchasing this product. 

As a side note, when I tried to google it, I noticed that the wildflower blossom scent is no longer on the philosophy website with the other field of flowers products. Odd. But, I would imagine that this review would apply to the other field of flowers shower gel/shampoo/bubble bath products. 

No regrets on buying this product, but I probably won't buy it again. I definitely want something more moisturizing. 

happy shopping!
deema

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers